We are committed to helping you reach your goals on guitar and to achieve this we believe consistency is a critical component. Our policies are designed to keep you focused and on track via weekly lessons and daily practice. Please take a few minutes to read our policies and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
1. Missed Lesson Policy - We ask that you attend each lesson at your allocated time each week to ensure consistency. Please note lessons CANNOT be carried forward and there are NO REFUNDS on missed lessons.
2. Putting Your Lessons On Hold - You may put your lessons on hold with 14 days notice but please note that your time will not be held and you will need to rebook on your return and in some cases may need to do an assessment lesson before being placed into a group.
3. Holidays - Lessons continue as normal through school holidays. If you will not be attending lessons please advise in advance. There are no lessons on public holidays but an alternative day and time will be arranged.
4. Practice Requirements - Without regular consistent practice you are unlikely to progress and in most cases students who fail to practice at least five days a week will almost certainly give up within a few months due to a lack of progress. To avoid this we require all students to meet the minimum practice requirements and ask that you fill in the Practice Log each day. Beginners should aim for between 20 to 30 minutes a day depending on your age. If you are unable to make the minimum requirements please speak to your teacher.
5. Student folder - You are required to bring your folder to every lesson as your folder contains the necessary materials for your lessons. Please ensure that your Practice log, ultimate song list, and checklist are filled in, and at the front of your folder every lesson. Time your teacher spends looking for material in your folder is wasted lesson time.
6. Guitar - You will need to bring your own instrument to every lesson. Please ensure it is in tune before the lesson begins. You can purchase a tuner and will be shown in the lesson how to tune your instrument. If you break a string there are several good videos on YouTube that will teach you how to replace a broken string. Please just send an email to your teacher for a link to the video.
7. Parents - For children under the age of 13 years we require at least one parent or guardian to attend the introductory lessons and at least one lesson per month thereafter. In some cases especially with younger children we might ask parents to be more involved.
8. Media and Privacy - From time to time, we take photos, video, or audio recordings of students playing. This is, in part for the student’s own benefit, as it gives a measurable sense of progress to see/hear yourself in different stages of development. All images and recordings will be archived, and you will be able to obtain a copy directly from your teacher. These may also be posted on our Facebook page, Youtube, Soundcloud, or other relevant social media sites, because we believe that good things are worth sharing. If you do not want your image/your children’s image to be used online, please let us know now.
9. Questions - If you have any questions at all please feel free to email me at any time as your lessons include email support.
Phone: 0434 994 399 or Email: email@example.com