We are committed to your success on guitar. To ensure your success we know that consistency is a critical component. This means attending your lesson each and every week and practising most days. Below are our policies that are designed to keep you focused and on track. Please take a few minutes to read our policies and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
- Missed Lesson Policy – We ask that you attend each lesson at your allocated time each week to ensure consistency. Please note lessons CANNOT be carried forward and if you miss your appointment you will still be charged for the lesson.
- Putting your lessons on hold - You may put your lessons on hold with 14 days notice but please note that your time will not be held and you will need to rebook a new time on your return.
- Holidays – There are no lessons on public holidays but an alternative day and time will be arranged. In the case of school holidays we operate as normal except if you are notified. This means lessons will operate as normal. If you will not be attending lessons during the holidays please notify your teacher in advance.
- Practice requirements - Consistent practice is critical to your success on guitar. Without regular practice you are unlikely to progress and in most cases students who fail to practice at least five days a week will almost certainly give up within a few months. To avoid this we require all students to meet the minimum practice requirements and ask that you fill in the Practice Log each day.
- Student folder – You are required to bring your folder to every lesson as your folder contains the necessary materials for your lessons. If you lose your folder you can purchase a replacement.
- Guitar – you will need to bring your own guitar to every lesson. Please ensure your guitar is in tune. You can purchase a guitar tuner and will be shown in the lesson how to tune your guitar. If you break a string there are several good videos on YouTube that will teach you how to replace a broken string. Please just send an email to your teacher for a link to the video.
- Parents – For children under the age of 13 years we require at least one parent or guardian to attend the introductory lessons and at least one lesson per month thereafter. In some cases especially with younger children we might ask parents to be more involved.
- Questions – If you have any questions at all please feel free to email me at any time as your lessons include email support.